Whitby hotel The Seacliffe guest house provides 4-star guest accommodation overlooking the beach and harbour entrance. The centre of Whitby is a 15-minute stroll away along the seafront and the wild hiking country of the North York Moors National Park is a short drive inland.
The Whitby hotel The Seacliffe is located less than 5 minutes’ drive from Whitby’s seafront golf course, and the town’s museums, shops and restaurants are all within walking distance. With its own private car park, The Seacliffe can accommodate guests looking for a quiet seaside retreat but also those more interested in exploring further afield.
The en suite bedrooms are comfortably furnished and feature a TV and hospitality tray. Wireless internet access is available in all of the rooms and guests are welcome to relax in the wood-beamed bar area or the patio garden to the rear.
Whitby is a beautiful coastal resort with plenty to see and do, and littered with unique gems and treasures guaranteed to make your stay here as memorable and special as possible. Most Whitby caravan parks are located near to the main attractions of Whitby and Whitby town itself is easily accessible either on foot or by car. If you are planning on staying at a Whitby caravan park, camping resort or at any other accommodation in Whitby, below is a list of the top 10 things for you to do in Whitby.
1. Visit Whitby Abbey – Resting on the cliff tops above the picturesque coastal town, Whitby Abbey is an unmissable landmark and must be explored. Now in ruins, the Abbey is said to have been the inspiration for Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Be sure to climb or descend the 199 famous steps of Whitby.
2. Enjoy a Boating/Fishing Trip – While visiting the beautiful Whitby harbour; why not enjoy a boating or fishing trip around the unique Yorkshire coastline. At various times of the year, seals have been spotted around this area so be sure to take your binoculars!
3. Play a Picturesque Game of Golf – Whitby Golf Club boasts some beautiful sights from its cliff top location. Both amateurs and experienced players will enjoy this challenging and unique golf course.
4. Crabbing in Whitby Harbour – A cheap and cheerful pastime for the family to enjoy. Crabbing in Whitby is great fun and can keep you entertained for hours while you search for those little critters.
5. Whitby Goth Weekend – This is a true spectacle not to be missed. Get dressed up as Goths and enjoy some of the most unusual events around. Visitors flock from all over the UK and world to witness Whitby’s world famous Goth Weekend. This year’s Goth Weekend takes place on 22nd-25th April 2010 and 28th-31st October 2010.
6. Shopping – Usually a word most men dread to hear but the shops in Whitby can be a real treasure trove of hidden gems and quirky gifts. From joke shops and old sweet shops, to hand crafted gifts, you’re sure to find a special souvenir for your loved ones in Whitby.
7. Whitby Regatta – Visit Whitby in August 2010 from the 21st-23rd to see the delights of the Whitby Regatta. This special event sees the town transformed into a hub of excitement as various rowing and sports races take place.
8. Fish and Chips – Unless you’re vegetarian, enjoying a fish and chip tea in Whitby is a must. Expect only the freshest fish caught from the very Yorkshire coastline itself.
9. Coastal Walk – Many Whitby caravan parks that are located on the cliffs above Whitby town have paths and walkways leading down to the Whitby coastline and beaches. Enjoy a leisurely and peaceful walk and take in some of the magnificent sights and fresh sea air.
10. Whitby Museum – if visiting a museum is more your thing then be sure to visit The Whitby Museum which was founded in 1823. Muse over some incredible artefacts and enjoy the distinctive Edwardian/Victorian ambiance.
Deals Of The Week Whitby